ABOUT ADELPHI KITCHENS AND CABINETS
Adelphi Kitchens and Cabinetry offers versatility through an endless selection colors, wood grains and finishes. For complete customization, Adelphi offers all of its product lines in custom sizes down to 1/8″ increments in height, width, and depth to help minimize the need for fillers. Made by a skillful team of artisans, each cabinet is constructed with quality craftsmanship to uniquely meet the functional needs of the space and individualized tastes.
From inspiration to installation, Adelphi’s fine custom cabinetry offers infinite design possibilities.
INSPIRING CUSTOM DESIGN SINCE 1946
In 1946 Adelphi Kitchens began as Yatron Brothers, a partnership between Paul and Nicholas Yatron, in a garage behind the Yatron family residence in Reading, Pennsylvania. A year later, Stratton and Harry Yatron joined the business. Before long, they needed to add an adjoining garage. The two garages served as a factory, sales room, and warehouse. Three moves and four years later, Adelphi had grown to four partners and five employees.
After several years at their last location in Reading, the Yatron brothers worked nights and weekend to build their own factory when they purchased a piece of undeveloped real estate on Lancaster Pike. The work force had grown to twelve employees. Yatron Brothers remained at this factory from 1955 to 1962 when they purchased a 40,000-square-foot factory in West Lawn, Pennsylvania.
Yatron Brothers was a diversified manufacturer engaged in the manufacture of Formica and chrome dinette sets, commercial store fixtures, bars, booths, and back bars for restaurants and social clubs, institutional furniture for schools and college dormitories, and custom wood cabinets.
In 1963, George Stewart, Chief Architect of the United States Capitol, selected Yatron Brothers to manufacture fifteen walnut display cases to exhibit memorabilia of various presidents of the United States. Today, these display cases are still in use on the ground floor of the rotunda of the Capitol building in Washington, D.C.
In the 1960s, Yatron Brothers slowly established its kitchen dealer network to be the main source of retail sales for the company. With the development of a sales network the name of the company was changed to Adelphi Kitchens, Inc. and Paul and Stratton Yatron purchased the shares of the other two partners.
Adelphi produced cabinets at the West Lawn location until 1984 when the company purchased the former Caron Spinning Mills in Robesonia, Pennsylvania. The Robesonia location boasts over 160,000 square feet of production space on a 19 1/2 acre tract. Today, Adelphi has a nationwide network of over 220 dealers, some who have worked with Adelphi since the late fifties. The factory produces sixty kitchens a week with a work force of about 120 people.